1970 ... 'Colossus: The Forbin Project'



... originally made in 1968 ( I knew it seemed older than '70 !)  'Colossus: The Forbin Project' is a science fiction -political thriller about a giant computer that is given complete control of US nuclear forces. Great idea- what could go wrong?

( Doesn't it seem like a lot of these thrillers are made in a fictional world where no one has ever read, or even heard of, basic cliched science fiction plots?)

For me the best scenes are in the beginning when the giant machine (back in the day when BIG computers meant smart computers) is turned on and sealed away in a Cheyenne Mountain type complex. Unmanned, unable to be shut-down, shielded by glowing gamma radiation. I repeat- what could possibly go wrong?





all images- Right click- open in New Window or Tab = super colossal size!


1 comment:

Alexandre Seixas said...


I loved the post, I'll Watch And Then I come here to comment.
by the way , I loved the blog